(the “Official Rules”)
ROGERS MOMENTS – OFF-SEASON HOCKEY CONTEST (the “Contest”)
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have read, understood, and agreed to be bound by these Official Rules.
- WHO ARE THE SPONSORS
The Contest is sponsored and administered by Rogers Communications Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or their affiliates (“Rogers”).
The Contest is administrated by Second Dimension International Ltd. (“SDI”) on behalf of Rogers.
Rogers and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by the National Hockey League (“NHL”), its member teams, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V. and NHL Interactive CyberEnterprises, LLC (the foregoing NHL entities, collectively, the “NHL Entities”), or any of their respective parents, governors, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, shareholders and agents and each of them is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to Sponsors and not to the NHL Entities.
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site (a “Third Party Service”), the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service; any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to any Third Party Service.
- WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO ENTER?
Entrants must be residents of Canada and who are at least thirteen (13) years old as of the date of entry in order to be eligible. Entrants who are under the age of majority must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter in the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules.
Employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of the Sponsors, the NHL Entities or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates, any prize suppliers, any and all other companies associated with the Contest, a household member of any of the individuals listed above, whether or not related or members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed above are not eligible to enter.
- WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
You may enter the Contest between 12:00 PM on July 6, 2021, and 12:00 PM on September 1, 2021 (“Entry Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted. All times referenced in these Official Rules are in Eastern Time.
- HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Entry is subject to these Official Rules.
There are two ways to enter this Contest: (1) via the Fan Profile and (2) via mail-in entry. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- Enter via the Fan Profile Method:
During one (1) of the Entry Periods, complete and submit the entry form that includes the completion of a “Fan Profile” (the “Fan Profile”) and the submission of an answer to the question “why do you love hockey?” (the “Answer”) in by visiting www.rogersmoments.com/hockey;
- Enter via Mail-in Method:
If you do not want to wish to enter the Contest by submitting a Fan Profile, you may enter the Contest by sending via mail (“Mail-in Entry”), during one of the Entry Periods, the Answer along with your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and age, to the attention of Keenen Moreira-Lima “Rogers Moments NHL Contest” at 333 Bloor Street East, 8th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1G9. To be valid, Mail-in Entries must be postmarked and received by the end date of an Entry Period as indicated below.
If you are deemed a potential instant prize winner, you will instantly be presented with a description of the prize and a representative of Rogers will contact you within three (3) business days using the information provided on the entry form.
All eligible Answers will be judged based on specific criteria as described in Section 10 below.
- HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
There is a limit of one (1) Game per person during the Entry Period.
- COULD MY ENTRY BE REFUSED OR REJECTED?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
- you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
The Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
- WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree (or if a minor entrant, your parent/legal guardian agrees) to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, whose decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Rogers as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- you waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by Rogers pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules;
- you agree (or if a minor entrant, your parent/legal guardian agrees) that the Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity or eligibility to enter the Contest; failure to provide any such proof upon request may result in disqualification;
- you release and forever discharge (or if a minor entrant, your parent/legal guardian releases and forever discharges) the Sponsors, the NHL Entities, their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree (or if a minor entrant, your parent/legal guardian agrees) to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, or any travel or activity related to any prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules;
- you agree to comply with all applicable orders, directives, guidelines, COVID-19 procedures, COVID-19 related bylaws, and public health and safety regulations issued by federal, provincial and municipal authorities. Such guidelines and bylaws include without limitation, requirements related to hand sanitation, self-isolation, social and physical distancing, and use of face coverings as may be applicable.
- WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
There are two (2) prizes (“prizes”) available to be won in the Contest as follows:
- Two (2) NHL® prize packs (approximate retail value of $200 each).
- ARE THERE ANY PRIZE CONDITIONS?
All prize particulars will be determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion. In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- Except for gift cards, vouchers or cash prizes, the prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules;
- The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or any component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason;
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred or resold, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors;
- Any unused portion of the prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. The prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen; and
- HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S) BE CONFIRMED?
To be declared an instant prizes winner, you must:
- respond to the representative of Rogers or SDI when contacted;
- correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question when contacted by the representative of Rogers or SDI;
- be in compliance with these Official Rules;
- acknowledge and accept, within a designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form (the “Release Form”) and any other documentation as may be reasonably required. If the potential winner is a minor, their parent or legal guardian must acknowledge and accept the Release Form and other documentation when applicable;
- at the request of the representative of Rogers or SDI, provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize.
In the event a potential winner does not respond to the representative of Rogers or SDI when contacted by phone or email as may be instructed, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion, the potential winner will be disqualified and will forfeit the right to claim the prize.
- WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE?
The odds of winning a prize depend on the number and timing of eligible entrants participating in the Contest.
- HOW DO I CLAIM A PRIZE?
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated.
- WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest. By accepting a prize, you:
- grant to the Sponsors the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
- HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law;
- you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than Rogers;
- to coordinate the fulfillment or provision of the prize with a prize supplier; and/or
- if you have been asked to sign and return a Release Form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability.
- HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; and/or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
- WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The Contest is subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules at any time, for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if legally required.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
- COULD THE SPONSORS DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant from the Contest, or prevent any entrant from future participation in a contest, that has:
- resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest and/or the Contest website;
- provided false or misleading information;
- acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; and/or
- otherwise violated these Official Rules.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTRADICT OTHER CONTEST MATERIALS?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.
- FOR RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC:
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
NHL and the NHL Shield are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League. NHL and NHL team marks are the property of the NHL and its teams. © NHL 2021 All Rights Reserved. NHLPA and the NHLPA logo are registered trademarks of the National Hockey League Players’ Association. © NHLPA. All Rights Reserved.