(the “Official Rules”)
Rogers Moments Baseball Contest (the “Contest”)
These Official Rules govern the Contest. By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, you will be deemed to have received, understood, and agreed to these Official Rules.
- 1. WHO ARE THE SPONSORS?
The Contest is sponsored and administered by Rogers Communications Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or their affiliates (“Rogers”).
Rogers and any co-sponsors of the Contest are referred to collectively or individually as the “Sponsors”.
The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership (“RBJBP”), owner of the Toronto Blue Jays™ Major League Baseball team (the “Team”), Rogers Centre Limited Partnership (“RSLP”), owner of the Rogers Centre™ stadium (the “Stadium”), the Office of the Commissioner of Baseball (“BOC”), its Bureaus, Committees, Subcommittees and Councils, MLB Advanced Media, L.P. (“MLBAM”), Major League Baseball Properties, Inc., The MLB Network, LLC, the Major League Baseball Clubs (the “Clubs”), any of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC, or the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities (the foregoing MLB entities, collectively, the “MLB Entities”) and each of them is completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Sponsors and not to RBJBP, RSLP and/or the MLB Entities.
Although the Contest may be communicated, promoted, or administered by means of a third party social media or social networking service or site (a “Third Party Service”), the Contest is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Third Party Service; any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to Rogers and not to any Third Party Service.
- WHO MAY ENTER THE CONTEST?
Entrants must be residents of Canada who are at least 13 years old as of the date of entry in order to be eligible. Entrants who are under the age of majority must have the consent of their parent or legal guardian to enter in the Contest in accordance with these Official Rules.
The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest:
- employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) the Sponsors, or any of their respective parents, subsidiaries or affiliates; (ii) the Judges, (iii) RBJBP, the Team, RSLP, the Stadium or the MLB Entities (defined above); (iv) any prize suppliers; or (v) any and all other companies associated with the Contest;
- a household member of any of the individuals listed in (a), above, whether or not related; or
- members of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling) of the individuals listed in (a), above.
- WHEN DOES THE CONTEST START/END?
The Contest period begins at 7:00 a.m. on June 25, 2021 and ends at 2:00 p.m. on September 30, 2021 (the “Contest Period”) and consists of three (3) entry periods (each, an “Entry Period”). You may enter the Contest during one (1) of the Entry Periods set out in the chart below. All times referenced in these Official Rules are Eastern.
|Prize||Entry Period Start Date at 7:00 a.m.||Entry Period End date at 11:59 p.m.||Judging Date at 2:00 p.m.|
|One (1) Grand Prize||June 25, 2021||July 16, 2021||July 18, 2021|
|Twenty (20) Secondary Prizes
+ one (1) Bonus Prize
|June 25, 2021||August 6, 2021||August 7, 2021|
|Six (6)Tertiary Prizes||June 25, 2021||Sept. 30, 2021||October 6, 2021|
- HOW DO I ENTER THE CONTEST?
No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Entry is subject to these Official Rules.
There are two ways to enter this contest: (1) via the Fan Profile and (2) via mail-in entry. No other method of entry will be accepted.
- Enter via the Fan Profile Method:
During one (1) of the Entry Periods, complete and submit the entry form that includes the completion of a “Fan Profile” (the “Fan Profile”) and the submission of an answer the question “why do you love baseball?” (the “Answer”) by visiting www.rogersmoments.com/baseball
- Enter via Mail-in Method:
If you do not want to wish to enter the Contest by submitting a Fan Profile, you may enter the Contest by sending via mail, during one of the Entry Periods, the Answer along with your name, address, day and evening telephone numbers, email address, and age, to the attention of Megan Brown “Rogers Moments Baseball Contest” at 333 Bloor Street East, 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4W 1G9. To be valid, mail-in entries must be postmarked by the end date of an Entry Period and received not later than three (3) business days following the end of an Entry Period in order to be considered an eligible entry in connection with such Entry Period.
- How many times may i ENTER THE CONTEST?
There is a limit of one (1) entry per person during the Contest Period, regardless of the method of entry and if a person submits more than one entry, only the first entry from each person will be considered. Non-winning entries from one Entry Period will carry over to any subsequent Entry Period.
- HOW MANY TIMES MAY I ENTER THE CONTEST?
Your entry could be refused or rejected if:
- you attempt to enter the Contest in a fashion not authorized by these Official Rules;
- your entry contains false or misleading information, or is late, falsified, illegible, damaged or incomplete or otherwise irregular;
- your entry is submitted using robotic, automated, programmed, or other illicit means; or
- your entry is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
In addition, the Sponsors reserve the right to refuse any entry for any other reason as they may determine.
- WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF ENTRY?
By entering the Contest:
- you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsors, which decisions are final, binding and conclusive;
- you represent and warrant that (i) your entry, including any material comprising your entry (e.g. name, user name, profile picture, etc., as applicable) and any material submitted with your entry (e.g. photograph, video, written submission, or other form of submission, as applicable) (all such material, collectively, the “Entry Material”) is original to you, (ii) you have all necessary rights in and to your Entry Material to enter the Contest, including the consent of any third parties whose personal information is included in your Entry Material, and (iii) your Entry Material does not contain, depict, include or involve content that is, or could reasonably be considered to be, inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, as determined by the Sponsors;
- you understand and agree that your entry, including your Entry Material, will not be returned to you and may be moderated or edited by Rogers as it deems appropriate;
- you grant to the Sponsors, RBJBP, and MLBAM the irrevocable right to use your Entry Material in any media worldwide and for any purpose related to the Contest (or any similar contest), including the right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, or create derivative works from, your Entry Material without notification, compensation or additional consideration to you;
- if you entered the Contest via submission of a Fan Profile, you grant the Sponsors the right to use your completed Fan Profile for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation for marketing and advertising purposes and you acknowledge that Rogers may use the information you submitted within your Fan Profile to market specific products and services to you. You waive all claims of moral rights in any use of your Entry Material by Rogers pursuant to the rights granted in these Official Rules;
- you agree that the Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity or eligibility to enter the Contest; failure to provide any such proof upon request may result in disqualification;
- you release and forever discharge the Sponsors, RBJBP, RSLP, the other MLB Entities, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, and subsidiaries, any other companies associated with the Contest, and all of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns, as well as any Third Party Services, (collectively, the “Releasees”), and agree to indemnify and hold harmless each of the Releasees, from and against any and all claims, damages or liability, including any costs or losses related to personal injury, death, damage to or loss or destruction of property, arising out of, or in any way related to, (i) your participation in the Contest, (ii) the awarding, receipt, possession, use or misuse of any prize, in whole or in part, or any travel or activity related to any prize, (iii) the use of any Entry Material or Publicity Material (defined below) in accordance with the rights granted in these Official Rules, or (iv) any breach of these Official Rules.
- WHAT ARE THE CONTEST PRIZES?
There are twenty-eight (28) prizes to be awarded in this Contest: one (1) Grand Prize, twenty (20) Secondary Prizes plus one (1) Bonus Prize, and six (6) Tertiary Prizes. All prizes will be delivered or fulfilled, as applicable, before November 4, 2021.
- Grand Prize.
One (1) grand prize (“Grand Prize”) to be won and consisting of:
- the opportunity for the winner to participate in a virtual “meet-and-greet” event with a Team alumnus selected by RBJBP via a video conferencing platform (such videoconferencing platform to be selected by the Sponsors and RBJBP in their sole discretion) (the “Video Platform) on a date and time to be determined by the Sponsors and RBJBP before November 4, 2021 in their sole discretion (the “Grand Prize Virtual Meet & Greet”),
- one (1) Team-branded “replica” jersey autographed by a Team alumnus selected by RBJBP,
- one (1) Team-branded portable locker stall, with approximate dimensions of: twenty four inches (24”) wide by seventy two inches (72”) high by eighteen inches (18”) deep,
- one (1) Team merchandise prize pack consisting of:
- one (1) Team-branded authentic jersey,
- three (3) Team–branded authentic fitted baseball caps,
- one (1) Team-branded hoodie,
- one (1) Team-branded jacket, and
- one (1) Team-branded t-shirt,
- one (1) Samsung tablet (model of the tablet is at the discretion of the Sponsors),
- a twelve (12) month subscription to Rogers “Sportsnet Now” streaming service (the “Streaming Package”),
- one (1) Team game-used baseball,
- one (1) Team game-used base, and
- one (1) piece of framed Stadium game-used turf.
Grand Prize is valued at approximately CDN $10,000.00. Value may vary based on prize particulars. Any difference in value will not be awarded.
- Secondary Prizes + Bonus Prize.
Twenty (20) secondary prizes (each, a “Secondary Prize”) to be won, each consisting of:
- the opportunity for the winner to participate in a virtual “meet-and-greet” event with a Team alumnus selected by RBJBP via a Video Platform on a date and time to be determined by the Sponsors and RBJBP on August 7, 2021 (the “Secondary Prize Virtual Meet & Greet”). For certainty, all Secondary Prize winners will attend the same Secondary Prize Virtual Meet & Greet, and
- one (1) Team merchandise prize pack consisting of:
- one (1) Team-branded bobblehead of a Team player selected by RBJBP,
- one (1) Team-branded adjustable baseball cap,
- one (1) Team-branded face covering,
- one (1) set of Team-branded standard playing cards,
- one (1) Team-branded removable smartphone mounted grip,
- one (1) Team-branded rally towel,
- one (1) Team-branded puzzle, and
- one (1) set of four (4) Team-branded coasters.
Each Secondary Prize is valued at approximately CDN $2,700.00. Value may vary based on prize particulars. Any difference in value will not be awarded.
Plus, there is one (1) Bonus Prize to be won as follows:
The potential Secondary Prize winners will be eligible to win one (1) cash prize of CDN $1000.00 to be paid by cheque in the name of the winner.
III. Tertiary Prizes.
Six (6) tertiary prizes to be won (each, a “Tertiary Prize”) and each consisting of:
- one (1) Team-branded “replica” jersey autographed by a Team player selected by RBJBP,
Each Tertiary Prize is valued at approximately CDN $350. Any difference in value will not be awarded.
For the purposes of these Official Rules, (i) the Grand Prize, the Secondary Prizes + Bonus Prize, and the Tertiary Prizes will be collectively referred to as the “Prizes”, and (ii) the Grand Prize Virtual Meet & Greet and the Secondary Prize Virtual Meet & Greet will be collectively referred to as the “Virtual Meet & Greets”.
Limit of one Prize per person during the Contest Period.
- are there any prize conditions?
In addition to any prize conditions provided elsewhere in these Official Rules, any prize awarded in the Contest is subject to the following conditions:
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the Grand Prize winner and each Secondary Prize winner must be available to attend their Virtual Meet & Greet. Should a winner be unable to attend the Virtual Meet & Greet, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and may be awarded to an alternate winner in accordance with these Official Rules.
- All prize details, including the exact date, time, nature and duration of each Virtual Meet & Greet, the specific Video Platform to be sued for each Virtual Meet & Greet, each alumnus who will attend a Virtual Meet & Greet, the Team player appearing on the Team bobblehead forming part of the Secondary Prize, and the autograph of the Team alumnus or player, as applicable, appearing on any autographed Team merchandise forming part of a Contest Prize will be determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsors and/or RBJBP. In order to participate in a Virtual Meet & Greet, the Grand Prize winner and each of the Secondary Prize winners are solely responsible for securing access to a computer or mobile device with Internet connectivity and which is compatible with the Video platform selected by the Sponsors to be used for the Virtual Meet & Greets. The Sponsors are not responsible in the event that the Grand Prize winner or any Secondary Prize winner is unable to attend a Virtual Meet & Greet for any reason, including, but not limited to, as a result of Internet connectivity issues, issues with any computer or mobile device, issues with the Video Platform, and/or the ability to secure any of the foregoing.
- Prize winner will be solely responsible for all costs associated with extending or renewing the Streaming Package beyond the time periods awarded as part of the Grand Prize, and for any costs arising as a result of the Grand Prize winner adding or purchasing additional services, channels, movies, packages or other features accessible within or in connection with the Streaming Package beyond what is included as part of the Grand Prize.
- Any and all additional costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance, participation and/or use not specified herein as being provided, including any expenses incurred by the winner in claiming, accepting, participating in and/or using the Prize are the sole responsibility of the individual winner. For the avoidance of doubt, Grand Prize winner and Secondary Prize winners are solely responsible for any costs and expenses associated with Internet connectivity, software and/or hardware required in order to participate in the Virtual Meet & Greet.
- Except for gift cards, vouchers or cash prizes, the prize value in these Official Rules is approximate only. You will not be compensated if actual prize value is lower than the value quoted in these Official Rules.
- The prize may be substituted, in whole or in part, with a prize or prize component of equal or greater value if the prize or prize component cannot be awarded for any reason.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, unless otherwise determined by the Sponsors. The prize may not be exactly as advertised. The prize is provided “as is” without representation or warranty of any kind by the Sponsors.
- Prizes may not be resold, commercially traded, assigned, transferred or redeemed for cash.
- Any unused portion of the prize, once awarded, will be deemed forfeited. The prize will not be replaced if lost, destroyed, mutilated or stolen.
- HOW WILL THE POTENTIAL WINNER(S) BE SELECTED?
The Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any Answer that does not meet the Criteria (defined below) and only eligible Answers meeting the Criteria will be judged.
Judging of entries: A panel of judges comprising representatives of the Sponsors (the “Judges”) will judge eligible Answers based on the following criteria (the “Criteria”):
Creativity/Originality of Entry Material (34%);
Quality of Entry Material (33%);
Relevance of Entry Material to Contest theme (33%)
On July 18, 2021 at approximately 2:00PM ET (the “First Judging Date”) in Toronto, ON, the most compelling Answer as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion pursuant to the Criteria, from among all eligible entries submitted during the first Entry Period, will be deemed the potential Grand Prize winning Answer and the eligible entrant that submitted such Answer will be declared the potential Grand Prize winner of the Contest. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified using the contact information provided in his/her entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within two (2) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected based on the next-ranking eligible entry, or the prize may be cancelled. The decisions of the Judges are final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
All eligible Answers not chosen as winners on the First Judging Date will carry forward to be judged on the Second Judging Date.
On August 7, 2021 (the “Second Judging Date”) at approximately 2:00PM ET in Toronto, ON, the twenty (20) most compelling Answers as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion pursuant to the Criteria, from among all remaining eligible entries submitted during the first Entry Period and the second Entry Period, will be deemed the potential Secondary Prize winning Answers and the twenty (20) eligible entrants that submitted such Answers will be declared the potential Secondary Prize winners of the Contest.
Among the potential Secondary Prize winners, the Sponsors will conduct a random draw and the selected potential Secondary Prize winner will also be eligible to receive the Bonus Prize.
The twenty (20) potential Secondary Prize winners will be notified using the contact information provided in his/her entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within two (2) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected based on the next-ranking eligible entry, or the prize may be cancelled. The decisions of the Judges are final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
All eligible Answers not chosen as winners on the Second Judging Date will carry forward to be judged on the Third Judging Date.
On October 6, 2021 (the “Third Judging Date”) at approximately 2:00PM ET in Toronto, ON, the six (6) most compelling Answers as determined by the Judges in their sole discretion pursuant to the Criteria, from among all remaining eligible entries submitted during the first Entry Period, the second Entry Period, and the third Entry Period will be deemed the potential Tertiary Prize winning Answers and the six (6) eligible entrants that submitted such Answers will be declared the potential Secondary Prize winners of the Contest. The six (6) potential Tertiary Prize winners will be notified using the contact information provided in his/her entry. In the event any potential winner does not respond to such notification within two (2) business days, declines a prize for any reason, or does not meet the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, as determined by the Sponsors, the potential winner will be disqualified and, time permitting, an alternate potential winner may be selected based on the next-ranking eligible entry, or the prize may be cancelled. The decisions of the Judges are final and binding and may not be challenged in any way.
Limit of one Prize per person during the Contest Period.
- HOW CAN A POTENTIAL WINNER BECOME A WINNER?
To be declared a winner, a potential winner:
- must correctly answer, without assistance, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by the Sponsors;
- must be in compliance with these Official Rules;
- must sign and return, within any designated time period, a release of liability and consent to publicity form and any other documentation as reasonably required; or, if the potential winner is a minor, must have his or her parent or legal guardian sign and return, within a specified time period, any such documentation; and
- may be required to provide proof of identification to confirm eligibility or to claim a prize, or provide proof that he or she is the authorized account holder of any account associated with the selected entry.
- WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF WINNING A PRIZE?
On each Judging Date, the odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received, the number of winners the Sponsors have decided to select, and the score of each eligible Answer received based on the application of the Criteria.
Once a potential winner is confirmed as a winner, prize distribution will be promptly coordinated.
If a winner fails to take delivery of the prize as instructed, the prize will be deemed forfeited.
- WILL I APPEAR IN ANY PUBLICITY IF I AM A WINNER?
If you are a winner, the Sponsors may require you to appear in publicity related to the Contest or to any similar contest.
By accepting a prize:
- you grant to the Sponsors and RBJBP the irrevocable right to record, photograph or otherwise capture or document you, your likeness, your voice, or any statements you make regarding the Contest or the prize, by any available means;
- you agree that any such captured material, together with your biographical information, such as name or place of residence, or your Entry Material (collectively, all such materials, the “Publicity Material”) may be used by the Sponsors, RBJBP, MLBAM or their licensees, successors, or assigns (collectively, the “Publicity Parties”) in any media, whether now known or later devised, worldwide and in perpetuity, for advertising or promotional purposes related to the Contest or any similar contest. Any such use of the Publicity Material may include the reproduction, modification, adaptation, translation or creation of derivative works from your Entry Material;
- you acknowledge that the Publicity Parties shall not be required to compensate you, notify you, or request your permission in connection with their use of any Publicity Material, unless otherwise prohibited by law; and
- you waive any rights that you may have or that may otherwise exist in connection with any use of the Publicity Material by any of the Publicity Parties, including any moral rights in any such Publicity Material.
- 15. HOW WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE COLLECTED, USED AND DISCLOSED?
Your personal information may be disclosed to a third party in the following circumstances:
- in accordance with these Official Rules, or with your consent, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
- if you elect to receive Commercial Communications from a party other than Rogers, Rogers will disclose your personal information to that other party for that purpose;
- if you are a potential prize winner, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any prize supplier for purposes of prize fulfillment (including without limitation RBJBP); and
- if you have been asked to sign and return a release of liability and consent to publicity form or other documentation in accordance with the terms of these Official Rules, Rogers may disclose your personal information to any interested party, such as an entity who is released from liability (including without limitation RBJBP).
- HOW DO THE RELEASEES LIMIT THEIR LIABILITY?
The Releasees assume no liability for the following:
- stolen, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, misdirected, lost, misrouted, scrambled, damaged, delayed, undelivered, mutilated, jumbled, or garbled entries, transmissions, email, mail, or other communications;
- any error, omission, interruption, defect or delay in transmission, processing, or communication;
- failures or malfunctions of, or difficulties with, computer hardware or software, telephones, telephone lines, telephone systems, or network, cable, satellite, server, or website connections;
- printing, typographical, or other errors appearing within these Official Rules, in any Contest-related advertisements, or in Contest-related materials;
- incorrect or inaccurate information, including where caused by website users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated or used in connection with the Contest;
- injury or damage to any computer or other device resulting from or otherwise related to participation in the Contest, the use of any website, or the downloading or accessing of any materials;
- anyone being incorrectly or mistakenly identified as a winner or potential winner; or
- any other errors, problems or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise, relating in any way to the Contest, including those errors, problems or difficulties that may relate to the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the advertising of the Contest, the announcement of any prize or prize winner, or the cancellation or postponement of any event.
- WHAT LAWS APPLY TO THE CONTEST?
The laws of the province or territory in which you reside apply to the Contest.
Any attempt to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsors reserve the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- CAN THE SPONSORS CANCEL OR AMEND THE CONTEST?
The Sponsors may cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest or amend these Official Rules for any reason whatsoever, subject to prior approval by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, if legally required. For example, if for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned, the Sponsors may adjust any of the dates, timeframes or other Contest mechanics, or suspend or cancel the Contest.
You may not amend these Official Rules in any way.
- WOULD THE SPONSORS EVER DISQUALIFY OR BAN SOMEONE FROM A CONTEST?
The Sponsors may disqualify without notice or ban someone from the Contest or any future contest for any other reason, including if the Sponsors find that a person has:
- resold or attempted to resell a prize, in whole or in part;
- tampered with or attempted to tamper with, or undermined or attempted to undermine, the legitimate operation of the Contest;
- provided false or misleading information;
- acted in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person; or
- otherwise violated these Official Rules.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF THESE OFFICIAL RULES CONTRADICT OTHER CONTEST MATERIALS?
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between these Official Rules and disclosures or statements made by the Sponsors or appearing in other Contest-related materials, these Official Rules shall govern.
- What HAPPENS IF PART OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BECOMES UNENFORCEABLE OR DOES NOT APPLY?
If any part of these Official Rules is legally unenforceable or inapplicable, then that part will be deemed invalid; however, the remainder of these Official Rules will otherwise continue to be legally binding.
- IF I AM A RESIDENT OF QUEBEC, IS THERE ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION I SHOULD KNOW?
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
™TORONTO BLUE JAYS and all related marks and designs are trademarks and/or copyright of Rogers Blue Jays Baseball Partnership, used under license. ROGERS CENTRE is a trademark of Rogers Communications Inc.